Thursday, August 14, 2014

Week 22! "Human Tetris"

From 6/9/14
 
Hola Family and Friends,

Happy FATHER's DAY next Sunday!!! I love you daddy!!! :)

CAMBIOS!!!! Ahorita estoy escribiendo de mi nuevo área con Hermana "N"!!!!! :)) Nuestro área es gigante y es parte de Oaxtepec (pronuncia como "wahs-tepec"). Hay dos compañerismos en esta barrio, las otras son hermanas también. :) Soy animada para el cambio. Ya conozco mi líder de distrito por mi ultimo zona. :)

My companion was companions with Hermana C in the MTC. We literally swapped. Hna N's old companion is now with Hna C and I am with Hna C's old companion. She is really really great. She is from Missouri. She is really awesome and I can't wait to get going in this area with her.

I was completely torn when the leaders told me that I was being transferred. I LOVE my last area.

Sunday was a really super special day for me. The members of the ward shared some really special things with me about the work that's gone on in the ward since I arrived. I feel like I left a piece of my heart there forever. I can't wait to go back with the family so they can meet all the wonderful members and investigators.

It was a sacred couple of days for me. Lots of special memories that we made with others this past weekend. There was even an Hermana that was crocheting a bolera for me (it's like a shawl or cover up for dresses that don't have sleeves) but it wasn't done on Sunday and she was sad because she hadn't finished it and I was leaving this morning early. However, I went downstairs from the house this morning and she surprised us by being outside with the bolera in her hands. She said, "Hermana I hope you like this, I decided to stay up to finish it. My hands hurt from crocheting so fast." :')

I was so surprised!! And what she made was totally beautiful. I tried not to cry!! I am still in denial. I do that so I don't get hurt. haha. Two weeks from now, I am going to realize that I am not there any more and break down haha but for now, I am happy with the change. :) The ward was ready for a change and I hope that they will keep progressing and going forward! :) I didn't get to say goodbye to everyone, but I definitely feel like I'll see them again.

The elders told us of cambios (transfers) Saturday night at about 8:30 or 9, which really isn't that much time to pack, but okay. We got to the bus station called estrella rojo at 10 am this morning. I even got to see my former companion, Hermana P there with her new companion.

It was hard to say goodbye to Hna C. :) It was a beautiful experience to be with her. She is an incredible missionary. I love her so so much and know that she has a great work to do in her area still. I am really excited to be here though. It's a good change. I am excited to meet people here. There are more stories to come next week with what happens here :)

THIS PAST WEEK: 

"This week was amazing!! 'A' was baptized (mother to P and Aa who were recently baptized)!!!! It was a miracle to see her baptized on Saturday. The ward came together at the last moment to support her at her baptism. The program was put together quickly and everything was organized by many hands.

The day beforehand, A asked Hna C and me to give a talk together while she changed into dry clothes. We both prayed and studied and tried to find something inspired to share, but nothing felt right. The morning of her baptism, it began to rain. Hna C made a comment about it and we realized that it rained during each daughters' baptism and now A's. Then we remembered the Primary song 'When I am Baptized' that compared baptism to rain. We both felt that we should sing the song with her daughters and then for them to bear their testimonies. The program finally felt right and everything fell into place.

Her baptismal service was one of the most special baptisms I have ever been to. The Spirit was so pure and almost tangible. I prayed that I would always remember that feeling because it was something indescribable and sweet. I am so grateful for the blessing of knowing such special people who are willing to follow the Savior and who love the gospel. We truly feel angels that walk with us, and comfort us, and help prepare people to be baptized.

Hermana C and I had a wonderful last week together here and saw many miracles. Tuesday night, we contacted a woman who was so excited to hear about the church and the Book of Mormon. She said that she ran into missionaries many times throughout the past few years. Every time she had told them that 'one day' she'll go to church and hear from them. She looked into our eyes and said that it was time for her to actually do something about it.

We talked for a bit and she shared more about her life . We felt impressed to give her a copy of the Book of Mormon. As soon as we pulled it out of our bag, she gasped. Hna C and I were quiet for a moment. She said she knew that God wanted her to read the Book of Mormon. She promised that she would read it and begin to pray. It was really special! It taught me that missionary efforts are never wasted. All the missionaries that contacted her before planted and cultivated a seed in her. 

This week we also met 'I'! She owns and works at a small restaurant that just opened. She invited us to come to her restaurant to teach her. We went by at our appointment time, and she didn't really seem interested. She asked if we could come by later again that night when she was off work. We scheduled another cita and left feeling a little unsure about her interest in the gospel.

The day went by so quickly and before we knew it, it was time to return to her restaurant. She and her husband 'Ao' openly received us and allowed us in. We were surprised by their willingness to hear us and see them quickly connect to the message of the Restoration. They accepted baptism and committed to pray and read the Book of Mormon together. We left that appointment feeling so edified and uplifted from seeing their faith in accepting baptism. They had a great light in their eyes that left us feeling inspired.

For me, this has been an area of learning to trust in the Lord. I LOVE THIS AREA! It was an area of miracles. I love the people there. I love the ward. I love the experiences that the Lord has allowed me to have. It will always be a sacred place for me. I am so grateful to my Heavenly Father for having been there!!

And how fun are the transfers?! I am so excited to be with Hermana N in my new area!! I still feel connected to Hermana C and my former area because of the swap! ;) Hermana N is really so so special! She is so admirable and has great desires to work in this area. She has a strong testimony of the gospel and of her purpose as a missionary, and I admire that about her! We are both very happy and looking forward to being in a companionship together!! :) I am doing great and feel excited for the people that we will be able to meet in this area, especially this upcoming week."

LOVE Y'all! Have a great week :))

Con Amor,
 
Hermana Fernelius



In my free time, I play human Tetris. I am on the hunt for more locations to take photos, stay tuned for more.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment